Re: [TR] tr3 fast idle

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] tr3 fast idle
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:19:09 -0800
> only places i can think of on a TR3 are:

Another possibility is that there is something caught in the throat,
blocking the throttle plate open.  Could even be the throttle plate itself,
if one of the screws came loose.

But if fiddling with the timing didn't seem to make any difference, I'm
wondering if there isn't a problem there.  Normally the idle timing is quite
a bit later than "optimum", so advancing it will speed up the idle, and
retarding it will slow it down.  My idle rpm had been creeping up quite a
bit; but resetting the point gap (thereby retarding the timing a bit)
brought it back down again.

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html