[TR] Engine Knocking Noise

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Engine Knocking Noise
From: "Jim Henningsen" <tr6guy@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:35:03 -0500

I have also developed a knocking noise, but in the engine.  I just noticed
it this morning at idle after checking the plugs.  It is a knock that I can
hear and feel when holding the valve cover and sounds internal. It occurs at
idle and at other rpms.  I first thought it was missing due to a weak spark
plug connection, but confirmed that it is not missing.  I'm stumped and
curious where to start trouble shooting.  I am not going to drive until I
figure out what is going on.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

75 TR6