Re: [TR] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: TR6 Jacking Points

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: TR6 Jacking Points
From: "Bob Danielson" <75tr6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 18:57:27 -0500
And the hammer doesn't have to be a BFH either.......... and you don't even
have to hit it that hard. One of the guys in 6-Pack recently posted a
picture of how easily a cinder block will crush under weight.

Don't say you haven't been warned by a bunch of guys about their use.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with:
Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed
Nissan Diff & CVJs

On 2/10/2012 10:08 PM, Tim Gaines wrote:
> Thanks for the warning, but the cinder blocks are IN ADDITION to the jack
> stands.  I would never put a car on cinder blocks and get under it.  I
> just want something to give me a chance if my modern, sturdy jack stands
> fail.

Not to burst your bubble, but simulate your car falling by smacking a
block with a hammer.

Find someone who installs decks, and get a piece of cut-off post instead.

Whenever I put a car on stands, the first thing I do is walk around it
and give it a good stout shove in each direction.  If a stand is going
to shift or fold, you'll feel it.  I also leave the jack stuck under the
part I'm not working on...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** triumphs@autox.team.net **