[TR] TR3 steering column

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR3 steering column
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <auprichard@uprichard.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 19:07:02 -0500
List:  I pulled the column out of the TR3 today and had a question.  Unlike
my other car which has a two-piece unit, it is a one-piece, non-adjustable
column and when I removed the cam column I notice there were two rubber
washers approximately 1/3 and 2/3 along the column.

I imagine these are simply to hold the column in place, but are there any
considerations required when re-assembling?  And what about the plug on the
outer column?  Any functional significance?

Andrew

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive