Re: [TR] TR3 steering column

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 steering column
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:30:14 -0800
> I imagine these are simply to hold the column in place, but are there
> any
> considerations required when re-assembling?

Not really.  They're supposed to prevent the inner column from rattling
against the outer column, but I don't think either one of them bends enough
to contact the other one.  Leave them out if you prefer.

>  And what about the plug on the
> outer column?  Any functional significance?

That's where you refill the steering box.  The screwed plug on the top cover
is more-or-less impossible to get to with the car assembled (although it
must have been useful for some other application, perhaps a Mayflower).

-- Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive