Re: [TR] VTR National Schedule

To: Chad <triumph74tr6@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] VTR National Schedule
From: Jack Mc <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 10:17:27 -0500
No, you're not the only VTR member with that problem - and you could have
mentioned that a fall event is less family friendly than a summer event.
On the other hand, a summer event as far south as Galveston would be
unbearable and people who will travel 2 days or more to get there LIKE the
Monday thru Thursday format because it allows them to use 2 weekends for
travel and take fewer days off work.

In other words, however the host does it, the format will be right for some
and wrong for others. When we hosted the VTR National at Jekyll Island in
2010, we used a Monday thru Thursday format strictly and solely because we
could only get favorable rates at the host hotel for Sunday thru Thursday
nights. (wedding weekends are big business at The Jekyll Island Club Hotel) -
so there may be many factors to consider and it's just up to the host to
decide what will work best for their event.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mcgaheyrx@aol.com