[TR] ARRrggHHH

To: TR3/6 <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] ARRrggHHH
From: William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:44:06 -0800
Ever since we first bought Rosey (1970 TR6), I have had the feeling that she
was down on power.
AnnaBelle and I would caravan somewhere (me in the TR3), and I would get
frustrated that
she could not keep up, kept having to slow down / stop for her ... Women
Drivers ...

But then I would drive the 6, and clearly the 3 was much faster. SO ...
started trying to find
"The Problem" ... Pertroinx, Magnecors, flush machined the intake / exhaust
manifold.
timing, tuning .... on and on and on.  It always started at the first turn of
the key, ran very
smoothly when you finally got it up to speed.

So I had this revelation ... check the butterfly operation.  Lifted the carb
piston, had AnnaBelle
floor the throttle ... butterfly opened about 1/4 of the way !!!.  Got the
book took out all the throttle
linkage, set them all to specs, fiddled with everything, check the butterfly
... now  1/3.  OK ...
now what.  Then AnnaBelle says smartly "I don' think the pedal goes all the
way to the floor"

So I checked ... there is a throttle stop ... I never noticed it before, it
was screwed out almost
2 inches!!!   Screwed the sucker all the way down ... checked the butterflies
... wide open.

The moral of this story is ... One should occasionally listen to Women Drivers

Head hanging in total embarrassment ... oh well I know every thing is good now

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Rosey
1970 TR6