Re: [TR] 10Si alternator application

To: Triumph list <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] 10Si alternator application
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 18:31:10 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
> Any GM 10si alternator will work. The clocking of the alternator can be
> changed simply by undoing the four bolts that hold the two halves

Thanks, John.  I am aware of that, however some people are intimidated by the
thought of disassembling a freshly rebuilt alternator (possibly voiding the
warranty) before finding out if it works.  Others may be intimidated just by
the thought of disassembling the unit and potentially having parts fall out,
brushes spring out of their holder, etc.  Since this step can be avoided by
simply knowing what words to say at the parts store, it seems like a reasonable
question to ask.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html