Re: [TR] 89mm pistons & liners

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] 89mm pistons & liners
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 18:41:08 -0400
Sender: triumphs-bounces@autox.team.net
---- Allen Hess <allenhess@mgcarclub.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used the 89mm piston and liner set? (available from Moss
> and BPNW) It would be for a "street" engine and the improved piston
> design and made in the UK

I haven't installed mine yet, but it sounds like maybe you have a different set
than I do.  Do Moss & BPNW really claim they are made in the UK?

I got mine from BFE (who didn't recommend them for street use) and AFAIK all
the components were made right here in the USA.  Deves piston rings, Venolia
pistons, and custom liners by LA Sleeve.  I don't recall if Ken said where the
gaskets came from, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by
GasketWorks.  These are all very well respected companies, practically
legendary in the high performance engine parts business.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive