Re: [TR] Science of the "Oil Issue" Part 2

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Science of the "Oil Issue" Part 2
From: John Macartney <flywheelcoventry1@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 17:11:32 +0000 (GMT)
I can't comment on the technical aspects of Larry Griffin's copied treatise
because I'm not a chemist and I don't claim to know much about modern
lubricants. I just feel sorry for you guys who appear to be finding themselves
"stuffed" with whatever the oil companies feel you ought to buy. Here in the
UK we haven't had anything of the ZDDP issues although companies such as
Castrol and Duckhams are still blending oils which they claim are suitable and
designed for engines of "our period." That said - and with absolutely NFI,
especially as I don't own a 'classic' any more, many of my friends here are
using an oil called "Golden Film" which is made in the UK by a firm called
Morris Lubricants. These people go back to the 1860's and much of their
business is blending base stock for many 'out of date' types of machinery -
e.g steam engines, old trucks, you name it. A quick search of the 'net reveals
they have a US importer whose details appear below.
 Someone might want to give Classic or May a call?
FWIW Morris's main website
is at www.morrislubricants.co.uk/

Jonmac
Classic Oil Supply