Re: [TR] Explain This Overheating

To: "'William Brewer'" <wsb1960tr3a@att.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Explain This Overheating
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:05:10 -0700
Hi Bill,
Don't know the state of your engine, but one thing that made a big
difference in my car was removing the petcock at the rear of the engine,
cleaning out all the scale inside the block that I could, and then flushing
the block. I also don't run more than 20% antifreeze as I've heard from this
list that it really isn't very good at cooling.

Since you have a puller electric fan, you don't have a mechanical fan which
means that you are pretty dependent on that electric fan, so the question
is, are you sure it is coming on like it's supposed to?

Sorry, don't know why it is overheating on the downhill run. I suppose it
has to do with what the RPM's are and how hard the engine is working to slow
you down.

Bob