[TR] Transmission Woes

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Transmission Woes
From: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 13:17:36 -0400
List:
I have a jtype od transmission that was rebuilt about 8 years ago.  Started
having third gear grinding issues on hard acceleration and deceleration  (auto
cross and spirited driving) so had new German made brass synchros installed
about 2 years ago. Got rid of Taiwanese synchros installed during original
rebuild as we thought that was the issue. The new German synchros didn't solve
the problem.  The tranny shifts fine at lower rpms, but when I goose it and
want powershifts it grinds slightly going into third (from second and fourth)
and a little on the hard down shifts in second.  Hard shifts are revving up to
5500 rpms.  The clutch was rebuilt about 10 years ago with a Borg and beck,
and guest throw out bearing.  Clutch looked fine when we inspected on latest
synchro change.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks,
Jim Henningsen