Re: [TR] Transmission Woes

To: Jim Henningsen <trguy75@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] Transmission Woes
From: Dean Tetterton <tr3a58@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:06:50 -0400
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I found a nice article on the VTR web site that puts a good light on
the TR Synchro problems. Written by Bill Kelly.
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/synchromesh.shtml

Pay close attention to paragraph 3. The tension of the spring loaded
balls determines how much pressure is applied to the brass rings and
then to the gear. Weak springs and not enough pressure to match the
speed of the gears. The higher the RPM when shifting and the more
work they need to do. The springs are cheap and easy to replace while
doing the tranny.

Dean Tetterton

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive