Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive transmission

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A overdrive transmission
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 07:01:17 -0700
> I think I may have been running multi-weight
> 20w-50 at the time.

If you do want to try 20W50, both Ken Gillanders and Herman van den Akker
specifically recommend Valvoline Racing oil.  It is low
detergent plus has anti-foaming and ZDDP additives.  I ran it for several
years, and had no trouble that I associated with the oil.
(I believe the slipping in 2nd gear was due to low oil pressure.)

Valvoline has changed hands and expanded their "Racing oil" line since then, I
assume the non-synthetic, "Not Street Legal" stuff is
the equivalent of what they sold then.  "VR1" apparently has more detergent in
it, to meet API requirements.

Randall

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive