Re: [TR] TR4A engine ground strap

To: Brian Induni <binduni@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A engine ground strap
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 22:56:30 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Thread-index: wfCHDYR5QCeK+tLtetS7vJAaYT1rEA== s=q20140121; t=1423263390; bh=rRrYRiIRFjlStwRQIR75WdMKLuG7s7Way9NDrWPfOhc=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=jjAak+sSejUxAhgCGb/vQ60Hw0UH2mLo9iI8uQ1ZSzulyS4/PaddUGnsnRfXfdV5B 7BG540KOhwZEa+n1L45mgg0RM8lqAWGRaFZhWW1tKot/lFpvmirkGvXzXCQZwC0e/U ktlN1cNJcuRz7laIQVdpQQ4/y24BjMLICKOuV7s+Wlsf78sZm5JONo0xamwZdf4Fhd nDgkN/j+4FkGFgAlU3q/UtGuFL03KMm2UAVNdBu2Pe3pLlhA/0kjTf7BMhV7GJOM30 fbVOyyUxP+YMfJ2xGR69DohAyRMR37sJvO0X0Rrsc2rANbr04R5OclONSn2FnmEuOx PcZGynSavBG0w==

>John, sounds like you're a purist like me! The correct original location for
>this ground strap is across the front engine mount rubber. It literally
>attaches to the stud of the mount on the engine side, and >the bolt of the
>same mount on the frame side. The idea is that, since this is a pivot point it
>is the location of least movement, in contrast with a cable that runs from the
>frame to another location on the >engine that moves side to side. You want to
>minimize the amount of movement this critical connection makes to discourage
>the Prince of Darkness from visiting!

Guess I misread the post.  I thought the thread was about grounding the
battery.  Apologies.

Terry

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive