[TR] No brakes, 64 TR4

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] No brakes, 64 TR4
From: Paul Willoughby <paulwilloughby007@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 08:31:32 -0700

--001a11490358081df7051c054813

Haven't driven the TR4 in a few years other than an occasional trip around
the block every 6 months or so.  Last weekend I started it and drove it up
the hill to the stop sign.  Uh oh, no brakes, (maybe 25% stopping power).
Was able to coast down the hill using the e-brake with a little assist from
the pedal.

When I had started it, the brakes felt firm.  I had pumped them a couple
times to make sure they worked.  I might have been a little over zealous
and may have felt a pop or a snap on the last pump.  I don't drive the car
enough to have a feel for it anymore.  But now the pedal isn't as firm.

Fluid reservoir was fine, maybe 3/4" low. I rebuilt the master cylinder
years ago and changed to silicon fluid.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction for a diagnosis?  I was thinking
broken spring in the master cylinder, but Moss doesn't list one, not even
in the rebuild kit, so must not be a common failure.  Could I have pushed
the little rubber plungers in the master cylinder past their stop point?

paulw
56 TR3
64 TR4

--001a11490358081df7051c054813

an occasional trip around the block every 6 months or so.=C2=A0 Last weeken=
d I started it and drove it up the hill to the stop sign.=C2=A0 Uh oh, no b=
rakes, (maybe 25% stopping power).=C2=A0 Was able to coast down the hill us=
 couple times to make sure they worked.=C2=A0 I might have been a little ov=
er zealous and may have felt a pop or a snap on the last pump.=C2=A0 I don&=
#39;t drive the car enough to have a feel for it anymore.=C2=A0 But now the=
ne, maybe 3/4&quot; low. I rebuilt the master cylinder years ago=C2=A0and c=
steer me in the right direction for a diagnosis?=C2=A0 I was thinking broke=
n spring in the master cylinder, but Moss doesn&#39;t list one, not even in=
 the rebuild kit, so must not be a common failure.=C2=A0 Could I have pushe=
d the little rubber=C2=A0plungers in the master cylinder past their stop po=
v></div>

--001a11490358081df7051c054813--

--===============0843812403615869278==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **