Re: [TR] No brakes, 64 TR4

To: paulwilloughby007@gmail.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] No brakes, 64 TR4
From: Dave <dave1massey@cs.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 15:33:57 -0400

------=_Part_142681_1991726641.1438198437791

Start with the basics.  Do a visual inspection of all the hard lines and flex
lines for leaks.  Check the pedal linkages to the master cylinder (the pin fell
out of my clutch pedal on the TR3 and I thought I lost the clutch - quick fix,
however).  Try bleeding the brakes.  Check the rear brake adjusters.

Since it is a TR4 you have a single circuit braking system.  If you had some
braking you did not have a catastrophic hydraulic failure but you may have
minor leaks that my not be immediately apparent but a closer inspection may
reveal a problem.

Dave Massey