[TR] Wonky Turn Signal Switch (TR6)

To: NET Member Mailing <net@newenglandtriumphs.org>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Wonky Turn Signal Switch (TR6)
From: pdqtr6@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 18:38:06 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_1747206_2403715.1470076686451

Help!! I'm frantically trying to get ready to go to Armagh for the Roadster
Factory Summer Party, and I'm in the middle of an electrical crisis. My turn
signals (front, back and both sides) stopped working this year when I started
the season. I have used Dan Master's "Yellow Bible" to trace the fault. Today I
decided to look at the actual switch, and much to my horror, I found the wiring
at the switch in a mummy-wrap of black tape. A sure sign that a DPO has
committed some crime there in the past. Sure enough, the "common" wire (light
green / brown stripe) was just sitting there in the midst of the mess with no
connection to the switch at all! Clearly a new switch is required, but is there
anything I can do temporarily to get my turn signals to work until I arrive at
TRF? It's too late to order it now as I'm leaving on Wednesday, but some
McGiverish ideas would be welcome indeed...

Also, my brake lights are on vacation, but that should be a simple fix since
there isn't much to the circuit and I can get another switch (if needed) at my
FLAPS.

Thank you...

Tom Walling
'73 TR6

------=_Part_1747206_2403715.1470076686451

00"><div>Help!! I'm frantically trying to get ready to go to Armagh for the=

--===============2814700930349326760==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2814700930349326760==--