Re: [TR] Wonky Turn Signal Switch (TR6)

To: pdqtr6@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Wonky Turn Signal Switch (TR6)
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahneetr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 05:41:11 -0700
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, NET Member Mailing <net@newenglandtriumphs.org>

--001a113df31a1e067105391608a6

Tom -

A 'double throw center-off' toggle switch can be used as a jury-rigged turn
signal switch, in fact my TR3 came to me that way.

Geo

On Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 11:38 AM, <pdqtr6@comcast.net> wrote:

> Help!! I'm frantically trying to get ready to go to Armagh for the
> Roadster Factory Summer Party, and I'm in the middle of an electrical
> crisis. My turn signals (front, back and both sides) stopped working this
> year when I started the season. I have used Dan Master's "Yellow Bible" to
> trace the fault. Today I decided to look at the actual switch, and much to
> my horror, I found the wiring at the switch in a mummy-wrap of black tape.
> A sure sign that a DPO has committed some crime there in the past. Sure
> enough, the "common" wire (light green / brown stripe) was just sitting
> there in the midst of the mess with no connection to the switch at all!
> Clearly a new switch is required, but is there anything I can do
> temporarily to get my turn signals to work until I arrive at TRF? It's too
> late to order it now as I'm leaving on Wednesday, but some McGiverish ideas
> would be welcome indeed...
>
> Also, my brake lights are on vacation, but that should be a simple fix
> since there isn't much to the circuit and I can get another switch (if
> needed) at my FLAPS.
>
> Thank you...
>
> Tom Walling
> '73 TR6
>

> ** triumphs@autox.team.net **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

--001a113df31a1e067105391608a6

nter-off&#39; toggle switch can be used as a jury-rigged turn signal switch=
 2016 at 11:38 AM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:pdqtr6@comcast.=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc s=
olid;padding-left:1ex"><div><div style=3D"color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Aria=
l;font-size:12pt"><div>Help!! I&#39;m frantically trying to get ready to go=
 to Armagh for the Roadster Factory Summer Party, and I&#39;m in the middle=
 of an electrical crisis. My turn signals (front, back and both sides) stop=
ped working this year when I started the season. I have used Dan Master&#39=
;s &quot;Yellow Bible&quot; to trace the fault. Today I decided to look at =
the actual switch, and much to my horror, I found the wiring at the switch =
in a mummy-wrap of black tape. A sure sign that a DPO has committed some cr=
ime there in the past. Sure enough, the &quot;common&quot; wire (light gree=
n / brown stripe) was just sitting there in the midst of the mess with no c=
onnection to the switch at all! Clearly a new switch is required, but is th=
ere anything I can do temporarily to get my turn signals to work until I ar=
rive at TRF? It&#39;s too late to order it now as I&#39;m leaving on Wednes=
iv><div>Also, my brake lights are on vacation, but that should be a simple =
fix since there isn&#39;t much to the circuit and I can get another switch =
/div><br><br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:triumphs@autox.team.net";>triumphs@autox.team.net</a> *=
*<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>