[TR] Rattling

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Rattling
From: terryrs@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 12:48:25 +0000 (UTC)
Hello, everyone.  Question.  Ever since I hit a dear last year, I've had a rap
at low RPM followed by a rattling at higher RPMS, that goes away or can change
pitch seemingly at random.  I don't think it's wrist pins or bottom end
bearings, since normally that is a knock that stays a knock rather than become
a rattle, though I could be wrong.  More curious, what does it sound like if
the timing chain tensioner were to break off.  Can the chain rap against
anything in there?  Or what does a sticking lifter sound like?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive