[TR] Stag Quit at Speed - wrap-up

To: triumph list list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Stag Quit at Speed - wrap-up
From: "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 16:34:18 -0700

--94eb2c03c0de9790b2053aedd8fd

It turns out that the battery was toast but the alternator is good. Having
replaced the battery, it was not showing a recharge to 14.2 volts or so
while reving the engine to about 2500, so I assumed the alternator was
gone. But, lo and behold, the wire from alternator to the power post on the
starter had parted! ( I had moved the alt. to the LH side to make room for
the external belt-driven water pump.)
Probably a sloppy connector attachment by yours truly.
So, once I fixed up a new connection all is well! I can put off upgrading
the alternator for another day.
Thanks to you all for your help.
John

--94eb2c03c0de9790b2053aedd8fd

 turns out that the battery was toast but the alternator is good. Having
 replaced the battery, it was not showing a recharge to 14.2 volts or so
 while reving the engine to about 2500, so I assumed the alternator was=20
gone. But, lo and behold, the wire from alternator to the power post on=20
the starter had parted! ( I had moved the alt. to the LH side to make=20
room for the external belt-driven water pump.) <br>Probably a sloppy connec=
tor attachment by yours truly.<br>So, once I fixed up a new connection all =
is well!  I can put off upgrading the alternator for another day.<br>Thanks=
 to you all for your help.<br>John

--94eb2c03c0de9790b2053aedd8fd--

--===============4701847157472061844==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **