Re: [TR] 1948 triumph rumble seat roadster

To: Kinderlehrer <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, 'ron landis' <rdltr250@sbcglobal.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] 1948 triumph rumble seat roadster
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 2:12:53 +0000
I am aware of at least two in decent condition in my own little
(populationwise) state of Nebraska.
By no means a big car, but as I recall bigger than a TR2-3 with less power.
But cool just for the "what is it?" Factor and the dicky  seat.

Greg Lemon
TR250

---- Kinderlehrer <kinderlehrer@comcast.net> wrote:
> Itâ??s relative, I suppose. The Triumph Roadster 1800 was made in 1946
> through 1948 and there were about 2,000 manufactured. In 1949 it was replaced
> by the Triumph Roadster 2000 of which there about 2,500 made. The big
> difference was the size of the engine (1800cc vs 2000cc) and the transmission
> went from 4 speed to 3 speed with synchro in first.  They were not imported
> to the US but a lot of them ended up here it seems.
>
> Bob

** triumphs@autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive