Re: [TR] TR3 Rear Oil "Seal"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Carl-TR <cfmtr3a@verizon.net>, Triumph Mail List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Rear Oil "Seal"
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> RA+vcqJySwg4nYQAxTed0ar4SHoUW0aAibkEgQLg4BKyU3QXWsaAoBpxp+L3ijHwE/o+OjpinbXQG9VMfL1QtnzTQGzIwKP8ypavRU9EGy1Ii75+vJAZji8k /soGwdlT6QqckjQowwS1wGMyi5AsdchJTAeFHGe3rW4=
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 12:45:54 -0800

------H3A9233R4CGZ60Q0YL9W7GJYVBLQ3R
 charset=utf-8

If you just want to service the bearings, I have found it possible to R&R t=
he rear main cap, with the seal half still attached, without removing flywh=
eel or crankshaft=2E That may depend on which flywheel you have, I've been =
told there is less room with the later flywheel=2E

But if you want to renew the seal, or install the Viton conversion, the cr=
ank has to come out so you can center the seal=2E It needs to be very close=
 to the scroll, all the way around, without actually touching=2E

Note that there is a mistake in the workshop manual=2E One of the mandrel =
dimensions is wrong=2E The Viton kit comes with an updated mandrel, or I be=
lieve they will sell it separately=2E
-- Randall
------H3A9233R4CGZ60Q0YL9W7GJYVBLQ3R
 charset=utf-8

If you just want to service the bearings, I have found it possible to R&amp=
;R the rear main cap, with the seal half still attached, without removing f=
lywheel or crankshaft=2E That may depend on which flywheel you have, I've b=
een told there is less room with the later flywheel=2E<br><br>But if you wa=
nt to renew the seal, or install the Viton conversion, the crank has to com=
e out so you can center the seal=2E It needs to be very close to the scroll=
, all the way around, without actually touching=2E<br><br>Note that there i=
s a mistake in the workshop manual=2E One of the mandrel dimensions is wron=
g=2E The Viton kit comes with an updated mandrel, or I believe they will se=
ll it separately=2E<br>-- Randall
------H3A9233R4CGZ60Q0YL9W7GJYVBLQ3R--

--===============5749882929808061886==

** triumphs@autox.team.net **