Re: [TR] TR3A Nut behind the wheel

To: "'Art McEwen'" <amcewen2@cogeco.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Nut behind the wheel
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2019 07:56:06 -0700
I believe you're supposed to peen the nut lightly, to help lock it to the
threads.  This is mentioned in the TR4 manual.
Or a couple drops of purple Loctite should do nicely.

But I've never done either; perhaps because I tighten mine with a socket and
big ratchet.

-- Randall
56 TR3 TS13571L once and future daily driver
71 Stag LE1473 - awaiting engine rebuild
71-2-3 Stag - awaiting gearbox rebuild

** triumphs@autox.team.net **