Re: [TR] Converting from DOT3 to DOT5 hydraulic fluid in my TR4A

To: William Pugh <anabil007@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Converting from DOT3 to DOT5 hydraulic fluid in my TR4A
From: CAROLINE MCGAHEY <mcgaheyrx@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:12:44 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
LOL
I wasnâ??t going to say anything, but converting from DOT3 to DOT5 is a
terrible thing to do - I converted 2 cars - Iâ??ve gone back on both of them
and will never do that again. DOT 5 WILL leak - Iâ??ve discovered leaks, when
changing brake pads, before I otherwise knew I had them. Maybe itâ??s because
water settles to low points in a DOT 5 system.
DOT 3 is better and will never leak if you completely change the fluid every 24
months - - more frequently if you donâ??t drive the car much.
This is my experience over the last 4+ decades with many Triumphs and Iâ??m not
interested in arguing with the many of you that will have different opinions -
which is why I initially wasnâ??t going to say anything.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mharc@autox.team.net