[TR] Whitelist email to prevent mssg being deemed spam, was: TR list tra

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Whitelist email to prevent mssg being deemed spam, was: TR list traffic
From: "Blake J. Discher" <bdischer.lists@blakedischer.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 10:57:46 -0700

--------------eC0fk7ttC0p0t3d5vB02Jy9B

First, congratulations Mark... there should also be an "Ironman" award
for your efforts over the years to keep the hamsters in the wheel
well-fed and running at full speed.  I know what it takes, so kudos!

I thought I'd address the issue of list emails going into spam folders
that some have mentioned.  Many already know this, but maybe some will
be helped.

Most email clients (Outlook, Google, Thunderbird) will have a way to
"whitelist" an email address so that your client doesn't deem an
incoming email as spam.  Because Google is  notoriously bad at
discerning spam from ham
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/Ham>, here is
the procedure in Gmail:
https://www.whitelist.guide/gmail/

If you use a different client, a Google search will lead you to the
procedure.

All of that being said, some internet providers (AT&T, Verizon, etc) do
spam detection at server level before your client (reader) even gets the
message.  (Although Google is not technically an internet provider,
their whitelisting method mirrors that of one.)  In that instance you
will need to use the provider's control panel to add email addresses to
your whitelist.

Both methods work, 'client level' is usually simpler though.

All the best,
Blake Discher
VTR Webmaster

On 5/8/23 7:35 AM, Hoyt Duff wrote:
> Some of the emails wind up in my SPAM folder which is due, I am told,
> to a misconfiguration of the maillist server that the owner will not
> correct, not some nefarious plot of Google, this told to me from
> UNIX/Linux IT professionals. I have no way to verify this, but a
> substantial amount of messages do get shuttled to my SPAM folder, even
> after marking them consistently as NOT SPAM.
>
> As to participation, I am one of the "lurkers" who has been subscribed
> since circa 2000, but have not been active since I have not been
> working on any of my TR2/3s.

--------------eC0fk7ttC0p0t3d5vB02Jy9B

  <head>
  </head>
      be an "Ironman" award for your efforts over the years to keep the
      hamsters in the wheel well-fed and running at full speed.  I know
      what it takes, so kudos!<br>
      I thought I'd address the issue of list emails going into spam
      folders that some have mentioned.  Many already know this, but
      maybe some will be helped.<br>
      Most email clients (Outlook, Google, Thunderbird) will have a way
      to "whitelist" an email address so that your client doesn't deem
      an incoming email as spam.  Because Google is  notoriously bad at
      discerning spam from <a moz-do-not-send="true"

href="https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/Ham";>ham</a>,
      here is the procedure in Gmail:<br>
      <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.whitelist.guide/gmail/";>https://www.whitelist.guide/gmail/</a><br>
      If you use a different client, a Google search will lead you to
      the procedure.<br>
      All of that being said, some internet providers (AT&amp;T,
      Verizon, etc) do spam detection at server level before your client
      (reader) even gets the message.  (Although Google is not
      technically an internet provider, their whitelisting method
      mirrors that of one.)  In that instance you will need to use the
      provider's control panel to add email addresses to your whitelist.<br>
      Both methods work, 'client level' is usually simpler though.<br>
      All the best,<br>
      Blake Discher<br>
      VTR Webmaster<br>
cite="mid:CAMp=J_pxOunzG_np=tN-tWuwrM88fmuAiwfGcfALpK6aV2Afbw@mail.gmail.com">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">Some of the emails wind up in my SPAM
folder which is due, I am told,
to a misconfiguration of the maillist server that the owner will not
correct, not some nefarious plot of Google, this told to me from
UNIX/Linux IT professionals. I have no way to verify this, but a
substantial amount of messages do get shuttled to my SPAM folder, even
after marking them consistently as NOT SPAM.

As to participation, I am one of the "lurkers" who has been subscribed
since circa 2000, but have not been active since I have not been
working on any of my TR2/3s.

</pre>

--------------eC0fk7ttC0p0t3d5vB02Jy9B--

--===============7089273638659771188==