[TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?

To: List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?
From: William Babbitt <wbabbitt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2024 17:15:16 -0500
The hydraulically operated stoplight switch on my TR3 has once again failed.
And yes, I am using silicone brake fluid.  When sourcing a replacement from
NAPA (SL147), it came with a warning note that it is not approved for use with
Silicone Brake Fluids. That was for a switch with spade connectors.

The identical switch with screw connectors (SL144) has no such note. But, the
folks at NAPA werenâ??t able to provide any reassurance that that one would any
more silicone tolerant.

Is anyone aware of an updated hydraulically operated stoplight switch that is
silicone brake fluid tolerant?

The thread size is 1/8â??X27

Thanks,
Bill Babbitt