Re: RV's for race weekends

To: Malcolm Cox <malcox.ppp@napanet.net>
Subject: Re: RV's for race weekends
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thrunet.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 1997 08:46:03 -0500
Malcolm Cox wrote:

> I'm looking for some comments, rude or otherwise, from RV'ers.
> I'm seriously thinking of getting a RV (motorhome) for lugging trailer
> (with MGA) to events (my Plymouth Caravan really strains with 3500lb to
> pull) and what with cost of hotels, fun for kids etc, an RV looks handy.
>
> It seems that 24 to 30 ft range with a 450 ish motor looks about right.
> But these are my concerns
> 1) Are large RV's frowned on in the padock for taking up so much space?
> 2) Is backing up an RV with trailer as impossibl;e as it looks?
> 3) Will 4 of us go bonkers (2 big uns + 2 medium uns) in a 24ft RV over
> a race weekend.
>
> Any comments, lucid or otherwise would be handy.
> Malcolm Cox

Malcom,

You'll find that most Class A motorhomes have a suprisingly light towing
capacity. The Team Thicko Land Barge (a 1985 Winnebago 26' Chieftan) has
a rated capacity of 2000lbs. It has a 454CI Chevy.

 You should look for a Ford van cab style with a full length chassis
with a 460CI. It's the chassis extensions on most motorhomes that limit
them.

WST
Team Thicko