Re: RV's for race weekends

To: malcox.ppp@napanet.net
Subject: Re: RV's for race weekends
From: CLCSF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 10:05:18 -0400 (EDT)

<< Subj:        Re: RV's for race weekends
 Date:  97-06-01 02:25:32 EDT
 From:  malcox.ppp@napanet.net (Malcolm Cox)
 Sender:        owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net
 To:    vintage-race@autox.team.net

 I'm looking for some comments, rude or otherwise, from RV'ers.
 I'm seriously thinking of getting a RV (motorhome) for lugging trailer
 (with MGA) to events (my Plymouth Caravan really strains with 3500lb to
 pull) and what with cost of hotels, fun for kids etc, an RV looks handy.

I have a 21 ft Mini Winnie with a 460 Ford. After years of experimenting, I
can tell you it is the perfect Vintage weekend vehicle. Unfortunately, 4
people for the weekend in a 21 footer is "asses and elbows" You have to make
a choice between optimum towing and sleeping comfort. Alot depends on your
home storage situation. Towing is a breeze with the right equipment,,
antisway bar, weight transfer bars etc. Backing up is a learned art, but it
will come to you.
 Anything bigger than a 21 ft is a problem with a trailer. You have to plan
your gas stops,ie no steep ramps, plenty of room to pull through. But, once
you get to the pit, its worth all the effort. Suddenly vintage racing becomes
a civilized activity.
Dont buy an old dog. All those on board systems get old real fast.
DonSF