FW: Re: race entry prices

To: vintage-race
Subject: FW: Re: race entry prices
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:16:05 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net:    Non-member submission from ["John A.
Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>]]

     Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 17:44:44 -0700
     From: "John A. Rollins" <nobozos@ix.netcom.com>
     Subject: Re: race entry prices

Simon Favre wrote:

> It sounds like the Florida region has Regional events where they let
> the vintage cars run in one or two groups. How does this affect the
> track time? When the SF region has its one or two vintage-only events,
> they seem to have no trouble getting 150-200 cars to show up. I went
> out last year with a pack of 45 snarling open wheelers! A split start
> was used on the feature race. There tended to be plenty of track time.
> You're right. They couldn't keep that up for a whole season.  Your
> track fees must be pretty low in Florida.

Since we are a single group (from the vintage FVs to the Corvette,
Camaros and Chevron B-16s) the track time is the same for all other
groups - except we may chose to shorten the Sunday afternoon race if all
participants agree (12 laps of a 2.25 mile track in the summer Florida
sun is PLENTY!).  So a normal weekend is about 80-90 minutes of track
time with 3 races!  With race lengths of 5, 7 and 12 laps, everyone gets
a shot at it; we sometimes run a handicap race for the Sunday morning
5-lapper in the form of an "Australian Persuit".  In this format, cars
are handicapped on the difference in their qualifying time times the
number of laps.  The cars go out in inverse qualifying order and, should
everyone run their qualifying time, everyone will finish at the same
time - this makes for some very interesting last laps!!!

As I stated in my original post, entry fees run between $100-145 for a
two-day event; Daytona is lower but that is only a one-day, two session
event... it still gets the ol' heart a-pumpin'!!!

*8o)