Cache of old literature

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Cache of old literature
From: Jim Hayes <hayes@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:34:19 -0400
When my brother and I cleaned out my father's house several years ago, I
packed a big box of magazines and "stuff", brought it back to Boston and
promptly forgot it. Until last week when my wife fond it and brought it
to my attention. Inside the box was about 1.5 feet of '60s magazines,
mostly Road & Track, but some Car and Driver, Sports Car (the SCCA
magazine) and even some Sports Car Graphics.
The Sports Car mags were great reading. Amazing number of period photos
of people I know - and a lot I still race with!
I also found an original of the "Enjoying Your Alfa" booklet from Arturo
Reitz, several race programs (Little Rock's Street race in 1966, Laguna
Seca USRRC in 1967, etc) and a big batch of negatives.
In the negatives was a strip taken of the car I most regret selling, a
'57 Giulietta Sprint Veloce prepared by Conrero and run in the '57 Mille
Miglia. I scanned the negatives and put them on a simple web page. The
whole story is on:
http://world.std.com/~jeh/archives/conrero.htm
Read it and weep. (Not just because the photos are hi-res and will take
a bit of time to load...)
Now I have plenty of reading material for next winter!
--
Jim Hayes  Winchester, MA, USA
hayes@mediaone.net         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm