Re: Driver attitudes: was SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios

To: JWoesvra <JWoesvra@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Driver attitudes: was SSP#2 - HP:IQ Ratios
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <ATROZ@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 06:34:46 -0500
Jack

<<Your conversations are interesting to say the least. Could you list a
short
definition of your various categories, such as what a Group C saloon car
is?
=46rom your talk, it doesn't seem that you follow the FIA regs in total. =
would
be great if you guys could load up a container and come over here. Your
Holdens, etc. against our Camaros and Mustangs. =

BTW, another stupid yank question; what is a "sheep station"?>>

You're correct in that the Group C was a purely Australian formula.  It w=
as
production based and the manufacturer could 'homologate' special bits whi=
ch
were accepted depending upon who you were.  The real race was to get the
special bits homoilgated before Bathurst every year which is our equivale=
nt
of the Indy 500 in that it is the biggest event on the calender.

Group A followed Group C in 1985 (the first race was at Winton on Feb 10t=
and I was there).  This was the category that was eventually dominated by=

the Ford RS500 Sierra.  However in the first year of the new FIA Category=

Holden homologated the V8 Commodore and Peter Brock, Alan Moffat and Alan=

Grice took a couple of cars over to Europe to teach the Poms a thing or
two.  They performed pretty well.

A sheep station is a sheep farming property that is of reasonable size -
say 10,000 square miles or more.  Something worth racing for!

regards

Jeremy Braithwaite
Age & Treachery Racing Australia

For details of FF rentals, test days and corporate days see:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/atroz

1970 Lotus 61MX - Team Holland
1976 Bowin P6F
1983 Reynard FF83 =

1986 Isuzu FVR Pantechnicon
1972 Datsun 240Z
1993 RF93 Van Diemen with 95 update - deposit paid
1997 Ford Falcon XR8 Tickford
A large collection of model cars

Investor in the Lance Ruting Collection of motorsport photographs
regards