Re: Race Car Titles & Insurance

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Race Car Titles & Insurance
From: Walt@chekov.mayfield.hp.com (Walt Boeninger)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 19:00:50 PST
[from Paul Fitzsimmons]
>Jim,
>I recently received a mailing from Parrish Insurance with a form to
>complete and return for the insurance coverage you described.  I don't
>have a quote back yet.

We insured through Parish last year, and I don't recall them asking
for title info. They of course wanted photos and full
description. They also were willing to insure without an appraisal,
but only up to $45,000. Anything more requires appraisal.

Cost was $289 for the year and covers comp/collision. But no on-track
activity. The actual policy is underwritten by Lloyds of London.

>Jim Hill wrote:
>
>> So if one elects not to title a race car (one that theoretically
>> COULD be titled), how does one go about insuring it against
>> damage while it's not being raced? Like garage fires, theft,
>> vandalism, towing accidents & suchlike.

-------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC   Web Site - http://www.norcal-saac.org