Re: Introduction and request for advice.

To: aramm@concentric.net
Subject: Re: Introduction and request for advice.
From: RodsINTOMG <RodsINTOMG@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 22:24:09 EST

<<
 I'm interested in getting started in road racing.  I'd like
 to race my '67 MGB-GT.  Any advice on doing this would be
 greatly appreciated.  In case it matters, I live in Northern
 California and am close enough to Sears Point, Thunder Hill
 and Laguna Seca.

Andy,

You need to come out to Sears Point and do the MG drive around on Sunday,
March 29th.  Here's the deal:  Bring your GT and make sure it has seat belts.
Beg, borrow or steal a helmet and for $20 (prepaid) you can do 45 minutes to
an hour of track time at speed  at Sears Point with a bunch of other MG road
cars.  You can take a passenger and come in and switch driver and passenger.
This event is a CSRG race weedend and I am putting on the Sunday MG lunch time
tour.  BTW this is how I got started in Vintage Racing.  I race a 1964 MGB
roadster.

If you like, e-mail me off the list and I will give you details on how to
prepay for the drive around and answers any questions you may have on getting
into this wonderful pastime.

Best regards,

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Replica #119