Re: CSRG event question

To: EHSMITH@us.oracle.com
Subject: Re: CSRG event question
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:46:00 PST
Are you sure that wasn't due to El Nino mud on the track?  AFAIK, CSRG
will be running the standard course.  If Sears Point is going to use The
Chute for NASCAR, it would have to be essentially complete by now.

> Wondered if anyone on the list knew which Sears Pt. configuration CSRG is
> running this weekend..........I'm going to Laguna with the other guys but am
> curious about the construction at Sears.  A few weeks ago, NASA was at Sears
> and ran a short loop, turn 1 to and thru the carousel, then a right onto the
> drag strip and a left thru turn again and again.....
>
> Ted Smith

If you come down the Carousel and turn RIGHT onto the drag strip, you
would have to make another sharp right at turn 1 to go up toward 2
again.  I would suspect that either 11 (the lowest point on the track)
or the Esses was deluged.  The Southern Cal Alfa Owners Club was rained
out so bad, they got a refund.