Re: Production Parts vs Homologated Parts

To: connectcds@home.com
Subject: Re: Production Parts vs Homologated Parts
From: Jari Tabell <Jari.Tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:33:51 -0700
Nathaniel J. Leon wrote:

> As a follow up on that thought. Where can some one go to get the homologation
> specifications for cars? I am particularily interested in the homologation
> specifications for Austin Healey Frogeye or Bugeye Sprites.
>
> Niel Leon with Mr. Hyde in Stasis

Unfortunately I can't help much with finding the homologation sheets for
Frogeye. Anyway FIA have original ones somewhere in their library (?)
and maybe they can send you a copy if you contact them... or maybe some
fellow racer could kindly send you the copies... I got my sheets from a
local FIA representative, but I don't know his sources.

What I found was a list of all known period E and F (pre '66) sheets.
For Sprite there should be the following existing:

No.                             capacity        year

89      Sprite                  948, 1327       '58
47      Sprite Sebring          960             '58
52      Sprite MkII             948             '62
62      Sprite Sebring  MkII    960             '62
106     Sprite MkII             1098            '63
161     Sprite MkIII            1098            '64
524     Sprite MkIII            1098            '66

The number of the homologation sheet is important when searching one.
According to FIA rules it is only allowed to use one homologation sheet
for the same car, so you can't pick the best parts of all of them... but
anyway you can also find some good performance tuning tips from them :o)

hope this helps a bit

Regards, Jari
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell