Re: new thread

To: schonny@idt.net
Subject: Re: new thread
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 13:51:57 EDT

<<
 Hi listers, I'm new to the hobby and I'm trying to prepare an MGB for
 vintage racing and I would like to cover as much of the interior with
 aluminum as is practical.  Am not sure how to go about it, what to use
 exactly, how to attach, etc.  Any help in the form of suggestions on how
 to, what to where to, will be appreciated.
 Thanks in advance.
 Cheers >>

Schonny,

I finished my MGB vintage racer last Spring and am having so much fun.  I
didn't want to go the aluminum route on the interior because mine is a Sebring
Replica and I wanted to use the factory door panels and rear panels.  You will
probably be able to save some weight with the aluminum but I feel it would be
negligable.  I had my upholistor (sp?) friend make a couple of door panels
using the old ones as pattern.

Now here is what I want to share with you:  I attached the new panels with
velcro.  I found a kit at Orchard Supply that was marketed for carpet.  It had
enough of the Velcro hook and loop and adhisive to do two panels.  The panels
look great with no screws or screw holes and are so easy to remove and
replace.

Regards,

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Replica #119