Re: Big V8s in Little Sports Cars

To: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Subject: Re: Big V8s in Little Sports Cars
From: Mike & Jaye Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:19:16 -0400
Well put Jim:
I have to admit that participating in this group is slooooly changing my
attitude (Brian Evans please stop reading here - I don't want your opinion of
me to change).

I was, and still mainly feel that without a fair degree of originality we're
all fooling ourselves as what Vintage Racing really is - but... I'm getting to
the point where I'd rather see a grid full of interesting specials and period
correct modified cars - even if they're not all documented as having existed
in that manner than continually see all the neat old cars dissapear and get
replaced by pre'72 Formula Fords.

Sorry Vaughn! Individually I like cars like V. Rockney's 51s but collectively,
when someone gets rid of a Lotus 7, a Europa, a TVR Vixen, a Ginetta G4 and
buys a Merlyn 11A I don't get it.

I know I'm going get slagged by all the single seat guys but our grids (up
here in Canada anyway) are 10% as interesting as they were 10 years ago. And
the "posing/big buck/I've got more crew than you" stuff has increased in
proportion to the decrease in interesting cars.

I'd rather have a V8

Fight the homoginization - buy and race weird.

Mike Rosen - 1958 VAY Canada Class Special