Collector car insurance

To: "VintageRacingList" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Collector car insurance
From: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 05:48:34 -0500
Pat,

If an attorney is a professional obfuscator, and there are many who would
swear to that, then you have pinned me down.  :-)  On the other hand, to
recommend that an insured avoid depending on ambiguous policy language
would, I suggest, eschew obfuscation.

You, BTW, demonstrate one of my propositions.  Your insurance is not with
what I termed, I believe, run-of-the-mill insurance companies.  Lloyds does
not tend to be one of those who refuse to amend or discuss the boilerplate.
On the other hand, you can expect to pay a reasonable premium for the agreed
coverage.  Part of the problem I see again and again is the other side of
this coin, that is, the insured who is reluctant to get into details out of
fear that the premium will increase.  One must be prepared to pay a premium
commensurate with the insurance company's exposure to loss.

It is hard for a guy who has made his living by the sweat of his tongue for
30 years to change his ways, I guess.

Anyway, you are to be complimented for your approach to insuring your motor
car(s).

All the best,

Jim Brown