Re: HMSA, pump rattling

To: malcox@napanet.net
Subject: Re: HMSA, pump rattling
From: EeeMCee@cs.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:02:19 EST
In a message dated 02/21/2000 10:42:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
malcox@napanet.net writes:

<< I dont know how these tools work and but I am especially intrigued by what
 difference there could be between a procedure for overhead cam engines and
 one for pushrod engines. >>
once upon a time the SCCA used a plastic tube with a sliding slug inside and
a hose that connected to the cylinder via the sparkplug hole. Cranking the
motor over slid the slug up and down the calibrated plastic tube indicating
the approximate cc's of the cylinder. As you speculated, it didn't know if it
was a 4 valve or a flathead.
Michael
850cc Enfo Coffield Mk.III