Re: Fwd: Aluminum work

To: <PaceCars@aol.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Fwd: Aluminum work
From: "Tom & Diane Kubler \(Kraftwerks\)" <kubler_td@gowebway.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:54:09 -0800
In addendum to Harold's input, The six convertibles he spoke of were the
last 6 production serial numbers of 1966.  Within the last couple of years,
The Shelby American Automobile Club has listed two of these as not having
been assembled, leaving only four.  One of these is (was?) owned by Cliff
Hornbeck of Broken Arrow(?), OK.  Painted forest green with gold striping,
it had a paxton supercharger on it.  All four of the convertibles have been
accounted for.  In '83-'84, Carroll Shelby in conjunction with a Mustang
Parts & Restoration shop in California registered an additional 12 '66 GT350
serial numbers to be put on an additional production using "rustfree",
pristine Mustang convertible chassis'.  Six were to go to Shelby and six to
the company doing the work.  Mirroring events of 15 years earlier, not all
were completed.  Only six cars were reported completed, split between the
two parties, Carroll's cars went to his kids.  One of the cars sat next to
my Tiger at the Disneyland Marriot in the summer of '84 and I got a good
look at it.  The fellow had recently paid $45k for the beastie; I wasn't
impressed by the evidence of bondo in the bodywork.

Tom Kubler