Re: Lotus emblems & colors

To: <Bill5600@aol.com>, <MHKitchen@aol.com>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lotus emblems & colors
From: "Roger Sieling" <Rogsie@telesistech.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:04:09 -0500
I don't think the black horn push has any implications other than cost. I
think the yellow and green ones disappeared sometime around the changeover to
S2 Elan. Some S2's may have them, I'm not sure, but I don't think any S3s had
them origianlly, although mine does now. It was origianlly on a S1 or possibly
a 26R, because it came with the box of carb parts I got when I bought the
Hutchinson engine that had been the spare in the local 26R. The same guys also
had a S1 for a while. Both are gone from Ohio now.

Roger

>>> <Bill5600@aol.com> 02/28/01 06:53PM >>>
For approximately one year after Clark's death Lotus produced their cars with
black badges on the bonnet and on the horn push. In the early eighties the
supply of yellow and green replacement horn buttons were exhausted and only
black ones were available, so some cars before and after 1968 have black
buttons.

Bill