Canadian/Quebecer/ Champion / Please Read.

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Canadian/Quebecer/ Champion / Please Read.
From: John.Desantis@inficon.com
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 08:07:18 -0500
----- Forwarded by John Desantis/US/Inficon on 03/01/2001 08:11 AM -----

                    "wtmitchell"

                    <wtmitchell@worldne        To:
<John.Desantis@inficon.com>
                    t.att.net>                 cc:

                                               Subject:     Canadian/Quebecer/
Champion / Please
                    02/28/2001 02:53 PM        Read.

John:
 Sound like a similar story to mine! Being  Canadian and half Quebecer and
half Scottish and spending much of my mispent  youth in La Belle Province,
I was lucky enough to race at St. Jovite when it  opened and was Quebec
Champion in Sports cars in 1965 I think it was.   Enough of me,  I am
looking for an old Book Published in Sherbrooke by a  motorsports writer by
the Name of Len Coates. The book was limited in  circulation, but being an
automotive sort of guy, I thought you may have some  idead where to find or
may have one that  I could purchase from  you or someone who is an
automotive book type,  I would like it for my  grandchildren who have no
idea what racing in Canada and Europe was like in  60's.. Oh so many
stories to tell and no talent to do it.  The book is  titled " Challenge,
The story of Canadian Road Racing".  Perhaps  some one knows the
whereabouts of Len Coates.

Again Thank you for any help you can  give.
Wayne Mitchell, San Diego  CA