Re: Scatter Shields for Alpines ...now flywheels or gear box?

To: "Jeff Warner" <Jeff_Warner@ssa-sa.sel.sony.com>,
Subject: Re: Scatter Shields for Alpines ...now flywheels or gear box?
From: "Donald Queen" <donqueen@Inreach.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:26:08 -0800
On September 4, 1998 (a day that shall live in infamy) I was racing my Alfa
at Lime Rock.

At the end of the straight-away, I intended to go from 5th to 3rd, but
somehow
managed to smoothly shift into 1st. The results were quite spectacular, I
broke the bell housing and blew the starter motor out onto the track
surface. I later discovered that I had also destroyed the bolt holes of the
aluminum flywheel and the bolt end of the crank.

The friendly gang at Alfa's Unlimited patched things up and I somehow got
through both the Lime Rock and Watkins Glen weekends. But at Coronado, all
hell broke loose. Thank God for my scatter shield, what a mess. We insist on
fire systems and seatbelts - a scatter shield should be next on the list.

Don (I'm getting too old for this shit) Queen