Re: BFG Tires

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>, <john.desantis@inficon.com>
Subject: Re: BFG Tires
From: "Jack Knopinski" <JKnopins@co.jefferson.co.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:33:09 -0700
I have been researching tires since last fall and have a lot of information
that might help you.  Your choice of tires depends largely on the size..The
great older BFG-R1 tires are no longer made which is really sad because it was
my tire of choice for years.  Its replacement, the BFG G-Force R1 is crap, they
only lasted three races and were quite expensive.  I used to get a full season
out of the old R1's or from the Yokohama 008's.     Most racers are going with
Hoosiers, Kumho's or Yokohama A032's, but tire sizes are limited.  There are
several websites to check: tirerack.com, sascosports.com, and rogerkrause.com.,
that specify types and sizes.  Good luck.

>>> <John.Desantis@inficon.com> 03/28/01 01:20PM >>>
     May be I have been sleeping and missed a post, but does anyone know
BFG racing tires are no longer available?

     I just got off the phone with Team T/A.

     The best part of the BFG's was the cost, anyone have recomendations
for replacements.

     What is up with BFG/Michelin?