Re: BFG tires

To: Gene Carter <gcarter116@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: BFG tires
From: Simon Favre <simon@mondes.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:54:20 -0800
I use them on the street and in autocrosses, but my autocrossing is NOT
the serious don't-brake-until-you-see-God SCCA variety. ;=) I have run
time trials on them, and did not do that well. They are great on the
street, but will probably come up short on the track. I like the feel
of them, but they just won't have the grip of the R compound stuff.
They ARE cheap, though. ;=) I autocross my 62 Alfa Spider on them, and
also run my 67 Alfa GTV on them when it has a track date. I run the
195-60-15 size on 6x15 Panasports.