Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage? FOR SALE!!!

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle - Vintage? FOR SALE!!!
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 22:04:25 EDT
On the subject of tow vehicles:

I previously towed my MGB on an open tandem axle trailer (with electric
brakes) with a 1988 Chevy 1500 shortbed 4x4 with 350 engine.  I had good
results, but just recently replaced the truck with a 2001 Silverado shortbed
1/2 ton 4x4 with a 5300cc engine and this is even better.  GM went from the
worst brakes in the industry to the best and the power is right there when
you need it.  The GM trucks come with tow/haul mode which lets the engine
"get into the torque band".  I towed the trailer today with a 1987 Ford
Tauarus Wagon onboard the trailer.  It made it up and down the hills of San
Francisco without a problem.  So don't rule out the 1/2 ton pickups.  My wife
would drive this truck if she could learn to use mirrors, it has a camper
shell.

Rod Schweiger
1964 MGB #119