Re: Tow Vehicle -

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Vehicle -
From: "Steve Schaeffer" <borrani@att.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 20:09:00 -0700
I bought a sentimental favorite for my cheap tow rig:  '75 Ford F-250
SuperCab, with 460.  Has the ride of a Lincoln, with that 155" wheelbase,
good cabin space, plenty of grunt, and front brake calipers that still make
F1 calipers look tiny.
I've got a whole $3500 into it, and it looks sharp, and drives effortlessly.
She came equipped with a nice tow hitch and electric brake hookup.
Insurance is cheap on these old rigs as well.

Cheers,

Steve Schaeffer
Seattle, WA
'65 Alfa Romeo GTA on twin axle, with brakes on both axles, beavertail
trailer.