Re: Pedigrees, Exclusivity and Vintage Racing "so what"

To: "Mike Cobine" <mcobine@earthlink.net>, <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pedigrees, Exclusivity and Vintage Racing "so what"
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:42:56 -0400
Nah, you'll never end this particular debate.  The very nerve of thinking
you could....

You've struck a chord with me this time, as I share your view that many
cars today are so perfectly prepared, etc, and that it's a little false.  I
like to build and run race cars, not show cars.  I can't help but feel
inadequate when I look at the professionally restored cars that have fit
and finish that I can't match.  But my cars look just like race cars do and
did, I think.  So that makes me happy.  Maybe when I'm rich and retired my
car will look like a show car for more than just before the first track
session after a reskin, chassis and body paint job...no, on second thought,
I kind of like the way it looks...

Brian

Brian Evans
Director, Canada