Re: Tire Shaving

To: david.bondon@mindspring.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Shaving
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:23:21
>From: "David Bondon" <david.bondon@mindspring.com>
>To: "VintageRaceList" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Tire Shaving
>Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 07:34:49 -0500
>
>Does anyone know of an outfit in the Atlanta area that provides tire
>shaving?
>I am trying to rescue some flat spotted Hoosiers.
>
>SuperDave
>64 Morgan

    As I understood it from the guy who use to shave my autox tires,
    once the tires have been run they can't be shaved.

    I'm not sure whether it's relative to deformation in the tire
    carcase caused by the load of carrying the car or whether they just
    don't want to risk the expensive cutting blades on harder stuff in
    the rubber that was picked up by rolling...

    This is only a guess `cause it's been a number of years since I
    needed tires shaved... And anumebr of years more since I heard the
    reason.

  Greg

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)